Thank you for your interest in the volunteer program at Medical Center of McKinney. Members of the Auxiliary:
- Volunteer time to help patients, visitors and hospital staff
- Raise funds through the Gift Shop
- Raise funds through other fundraisers held throughout the year to purchase non-budgeted items for the hospital
Each year, the Auxiliary also offers a minimum of four scholarships to high school seniors interested in a career in the medical field, as well as makes donations to Samaritan Inn, the American Cancer Society, Serenity High School and other charitable organizations.
Can you think of a better way to give back to the community in which you live and work? If you have a minimum of four hours a week to share, we encourage you to take the first step to join our wonderful family of volunteers.
What’s In It for You?
- You may learn or develop new skills, in addition to using or honing current ones.
- You may develop an interest in a particular skill or medical profession.
- Volunteering provides valuable work experience that young people need in applying for jobs, scholarship and college programs.
- You will receive the intangible rewards of contributing to patient care and recovery.
- You can make a difference and contribute to society by giving back to your community.
- You can make lifelong friends.
- Your personal health improves. People who volunteer on a regular basis are proven to:
- Less likely suffer from heart disease
- Less likely suffer from depression
- Visit the doctor/hospital less often
- Live over a year longer than non-volunteers
- You set a good example for children and grandchildren.
- But mostly...IT FEELS GOOD!
How Do I Get Started?
- Complete the online application or request an application from the front desk in the main lobby of the hospital.
- Schedule an interview by calling (972) 547-8010.
- Following the interview, you may expect to be sent to the Human Resources Department for processing.
- A background check, drug screen and TB test (all done at the hospital’s expense) will be performed.
- When test results and background check clear, you will be scheduled for a two-hour hospital orientation.
- Following orientation, you will be scheduled for training in the department of choice and that is best suited to your interests and skills.
- Now the fun begins!