Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Medical Center of McKinney, and, in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours have been established.
Medical / Surgical Floors
- 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Critical Care Unit
Critical Care Unit patients must have quiet, non-stimulating extended periods of rest to promote healing. In the best interest of the patient, Medical Center of McKinney has established designated visiting hours for immediate family only.
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Please designate a primary and secondary family member as contact persons for critital care personnel to call if necessary. Please be aware that no patient information can be given over the telephone. Any information released will be given only to the person(s) designated.
To provide the necessary environment for critical care patients, please observe the following:
- Immediate family only
- No children under the age of 12 years old
- No more than 2 visitors at a time
- No flowers or candy and limited personal items
- No food or drink at the patient’s bedside
Labor & Delivery
For patient safety, Medical Center of McKinney has recently implemented a new process for visitors to Labor & Delivery, Post Partum, Nursery, NICU, Pediatrics and 2nd floor Medical Surgical patients. Visitors must show a photo ID and pick up a "Visitor" wristband from the main nurse's station. These wristbands are good for 24 hours before becoming void.
Family members and siblings are allowed visitation in labor & delivery at any time. No children under 12 (other than siblings) will be allowed in labor & delivery.
- 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
The NICU visiting hours could be subject to limitation based on the health condition of the baby. Otherwise, parents and grandparents are welcome in the nursery, except during the following shift change times:
- 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
- 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- No more than two visitors per patient at one time.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- Children may visit for brief periods at the discretion of the nurse.
- Smoking is not permitted in the hospital.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests/treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- People with colds, sore throats, or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.